Can you believe it’s June already!? It’s crazy how fast 2016 is speeding by! I wonder how much makeup I will have accumulated by the end of the year, but before I get ahead of myself…today I’m sharing the products I was obsessing over the most in May. I’ll start with the more budget friendly products first.
- e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Blush; you can check out my thoughts on it here
- L’OREAL Magic Lumi Highlighter/Concealer; LOVE LOVE LOVE this highlighter & concealer combo! I got it from Walmart for around $10. The applicator makes it really easy to apply, especially around the brow area. It blends easily & gives great coverage & highlight.
- L.A. Girl Velvet Blush Contour Stick; I ordered this from Beauty Bay. I only bought it because it was cheap, around $5, & I wanted to try something new as usual. The shade I bought is “Plush”. It goes on smooth, blends easily & has a light powder finish. It’s really pretty especially when a highlighter is added, which brings me to my next favorite…
- Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter; I had been eyeing this stuff forever & finally decided to go ahead and pick it up. It was $26 at Ulta. A little bit goes a long way! It gives off the perfect shimmery glow. The only thing I don’t like is the applicator, it’s the same as a nail polish brush. I don’t get it but whatever, if you can get past that it’s a great highlighter.
- Urban Decay Color Correcting Fluids; I snatched up 3 of these bad boys as soon as they were available!! You don’t even understand how much I felt like I needed them in my life & I was right! I got green for the redness around my nose & mouth, peach for dark circles around my eyes & lavender for my wife’s yellow discoloration around her mouth. There are 2 other colors, pink to brighten dark areas & yellow for dullness. They cost $28 each but for me it’s worth it. They really even out your complexion.
- Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips; The best liquid lipsticks in the history of ever! Check out my review here
- Too Faced Coco Powder Foundation; Hands down the BEST foundation ever! I don’t know what I have been doing with my life or why it took me so long to get this especially since Too Faced is one of my favorite brands. I picked this up at the beginning of May because I needed a powder foundation since my oily skin gets worse in warm weather & the temps here in Northern Virginia finally started going up. It was $34 at Ulta. This stuff is amazing! It keeps my skin matte & oil-free all day long. I don’t even have to use my Prep+Prime Skin Refined Zone from MAC, usually I have to use it everyday with or without makeup & at least twice throughout the day. This foundation is medium-full coverage & it gives a soft, natural looking finish. It’s really lightweight & it smells like chocolate! I highly recommend this if you have oily skin & even if you don’t.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation; I’ve had this since it came out & it was all I had been wearing until I purchased the previously mentioned best foundation of all time lol! So, I thought it deserved a mention. What I love about this foundation is how it just blends right into the skin leaving a seriously flawless finish. You can’t even tell that you have makeup on! It’s oil-free, medium-full coverage & it has coconut water in it, yes please! It makes my face look soft, smooth & naturally glowy. Love it!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows & Eyes; I’ve had this for a while too, I got it from Ulta back in January. I alternate between this & the e.l.f. Brow Powder. My brows are finally growing in a bit thicker so I’ve been reaching for this one lately. This palette comes with brow wax cream, brow powder, eyeshadow duo, stencils & instructions. It’s fool-proof. It was a bit pricey at $39.50 but it’s money well spent.
So that’s everything for May, but I’ve been doing quite a bit of shopping recently…I’ve been on youtube, snapchat & instagram keeping up with the best products out right now, what’s new & just what everyone is obsessing over in general. So I should be back soon to share what I’ve come across, new products Im interested in & what I’ve bought. Thanks for reading!